Thursday 1 October 2015

Lyric Analysis/ Timings

The song I have chosen has no music video. 






Timings of Lyrics

introduction                                                                      0-10
My friends don't walk, they run                                         10-13
Skinny dip in rabbit holes for fun                                      13-15
Popping, popping balloons with guns, getting high off helium 15-21
We paint white roses red,                                                 21-23
Each shade from a different person's head                         23-26
This dream, dream is a killer                                            26-28
Getting drunk with the blue caterpillar                             28-31

I'm peeling the skin off my face                                       32-37
'Cause I really hate being safe                                          37-42
The normal's, they make me afraid                                   42-48
The crazies, they make me feel sane                                48-52

I'm nuts, baby, I'm mad,                                                   52-54
The craziest friend that you've ever had                            54-57
You think I'm psycho, you think I'm gone                           57-59
Tell the psychiatrist something is wrong                         59-1.02
Over the bend, entirely bonkers                                 1.02-1.05
You like me best when I'm off my rocker                     1.05-1.07
Tell you a secret, I'm not alarmed                               1.07-1.10
So what if I'm crazy? The best people are                     1.10-1.13
All the best people are crazy, all the best people are   1.16-1.24

Where is my prescription?                                          1.24-1.26
Doctor, doctor please listen                                       1.26-1.28
My brain is scattered                                                  1.28-1.31
You can be Alice,                                                                   
I'll be the mad hatter.                                               1.31-1.34

I'm peeling the skin off my face                                 1.34-1.40
'Cause I really hate being safe                                    1.40-1.45
The normal's, they make me afraid                             1.45-1.50
The crazies, they make me feel sane                          1.50-1.55

I'm nuts, baby, I'm mad,                                             1.55-1.57
The craziest friend that you've ever had                     1.57-2.00
You think I'm psycho, you think I'm gone                     2.00-2.02
Tell the psychiatrist something is wrong                      2.02-2.05
Over the bend, entirely bonkers                                 2.05-2.07
You like me best when I'm off my rocker                     2.07-2.10
Tell you a secret, I'm not alarmed                               2.10-2.12
So what if I'm crazy? The best people are                    2.12-2.16

You think I'm crazy, you think I'm gone                       2.16-2.21
So what if I'm crazy? All the best people are                2.21-2.27
And I think you're crazy too, I know you're gone         2.27- 2.32
That's probably the reason that we get along               2.32-2.36

I'm nuts, baby, I'm mad,                                             2.36-2.38
The craziest friend that you've ever had                     2.38-2.41
You think I'm psycho, you think I'm gone                     2.41-2.43
Tell the psychiatrist something is wrong                      2.43-2.46
Over the bend, entirely bonkers                                 2.46-2.49
You like me best when I'm off my rocker                     2.49-2.52
Tell you a secret, I'm not alarmed                               2.52-2.54
So what if I'm crazy? The best people are                    2.54-2.57
All the best people are crazy, all the best people are   3.00-3.08
All the best people are crazy, all the best people are   3.10-3.19

Lyric Analysis
In order to construct my ideas on the meaning behind the lyrics, I used an online mind map creater, called WiseMapping. It has allowed me to take each line from the song and brake down the meaning of the lyrics.
Overall, the tone of the song is verging on psychotic. The main protagonist is a female, who is under the influence of drugs. She is addicted to the drugs and therefore believes that she is crazy and mentally ill. However this may actually be the case as she is convinced she is in wonderland. 
I will be aiming for a very dark sort of music video. Potentially reflecting the dangers of drug use. I will have to ensure there is a clear alice and wonderland theme. 

No comments:

Post a Comment