Saturday 12 December 2015

Casting

Mollie Moment
One of my friends, Mollie, lives on the same street as me. So therefore as I do not drive yet this is a really key thing. It makes organisation much easier and enables me to reorganise to film with short notice. I primarily chose Mollie for her appearance, she has a defined cheek bone and thin nose. And my ideal Alice so to speak would have been someone like that. She is also open to my makeup skills (not much I must admit) but nevertheless she is open to my designing. I like that she has ombré style hair as it is a slight twist on the original Alice and wonderland and creates a more urban and modern feel. It may actually symbolise Alice growing up showing how she took the wrong path. I'm going off track here, anyway, Mollie has a particular look and a distinctive face and bone structure so she would be perfect for my media project to be based upon. 
Nazarena Luciano
My sister is a key role, she will help me with lighting and costumes. 
I may also use her as a character in my video as I can organise it quickly and she enjoys to act on camera. 
 I have decided to use her to play the Queen of Hearts. This decision came from the idea that she knew all of the words and was open to have makeup on and test out the different characters looks before I filmed. She is very enthusiastic. 
Although she is only 13 she is good at acting and is a dream to work with. She will not ask questions and just get on with what I have said as a direction. 
Liam Graves-Pattison
Liam is a media studies and film student, therefore I thought having him on board with acting in my video was very useful as he will know what will look good. He also has a very tight bone structure in his face and the ability to act, which I therefore thought him as the Mad Hatter would look really good. 
He tends to not care about what people think therefore I knew I would be able to get him to act to his full ability and fulfill what I needed from him. 
He lives in Brough on the weekends, so this made it very convenient for me to organise filming with him on fridays/saturdays and sundays. 
Myself 
Using myself in the video is a good idea, I am the only person who truly knows what sort of thing and image I am wanting, therefore if I am in the video I will be able to give myself substantial footage to work with of a good quality of acting. I am able to change myself into looking whatever I will want for the video. 

No comments:

Post a Comment