Monday 29 February 2016

Name of my artist






Choosing the name of my artists (thought processes) 

The name of my artist is very important, many artists use their name. Such as Katy Perry or Freddie Mercury or even Michael Jackson. 

However a notable increasing trend in my genre of music is that artists are increasingly using more and more obscure names. 

Clearly this gives it a catchy sense and becomes more memorable. 

Some artists / bands names in the indie pop genre 


Lana Del Rey - Elizabeth Woolridge Grant 
Marina and the Diamonds - Marina Lambrini Diamandis
Florence and the Machine - Florence Welch 
The XX
MGMT 
Of Monsters And Men 
So, taking from this, in order to conform to the convention of my genre I must ensure that I create a similar persona to all of the leading artists. 

Brainstorming Ideas. 
My artists actual name is Mollie Mae Moment. MMM for short. 
Finding inspiration from different websites




Overall I was not a fan of using this method, it didn't seem very personal but it gave me inspiration to pair random words together in order to get an artist name. 

I also thought about my name 'Enea Luciano'

Enea sounds rather good for an artists name because it is a rare name, not many people have it. This is similar to Lana and Marina, so I thought I would go with it. It has three syllables which is what Marina has, so therefore I started trying to put 'Enea and the' with something. 

I then started to mess around with the idea of a name in my head, so I thought of Enea del Rey for example, Enea and the Machine, and Enea and the Diamonds. 

I thought of the Diamonds in a card style, therefore the idea of the Queen of Hearts came into my head so I tried to make Enea and the Hearts come together. 

This is again referencing Alice and Wonderland this give my artist some context to her album called Mad Hatter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment