Thursday 4 February 2016

Why I like These covers

I like this because of the different use of colours, as I have used different colours in my video I feel as though this would go nicely. The only issue is that it isn't necessarily conventional for the indie pop genre, it could very easily be for a rap album due to the use of graffiti, however the bold use of colour is what enables it to be adapted to be indie.

This is very relevant to my music and to my actual video as I have a rabbit head in mine, this therefore would fit very well with my digipak. I like the contrasting colours and the indie ideology being brought through by the use of paisley and satin shirts, Although I am not keen about the small writing the overall imagery of this album confuses and gives the impression of a conceptual song with conceptual music videos. 


Okay so I know I keep using Marina and the Diamonds as my examples, but the trust is I really do like it. I like the idea of her front cover suggesting a vintage a retro tone. This is done by the use of the effects added to effectively distort the image and make it look indie in that way. I like the use of colours as well, I feel as though the teal/green/grey colours really go well with a cream face/ white. 


No comments:

Post a Comment