Monday 14 March 2016

Food colouring for tea shots


black and white mad hatter tea party alice and wonderland

I have used blue food colouring in the shots used for my video. 
I used Luke warm water and mixed it with this food colouring. It gave my water a colour and texture in the process and I thought it might look a bit better than using clear water or tea for that matter. 
These are the results of the colouring. I have taken screenshots from the raw footage that I got from using it. 
I made sure that I had a few practise shots with the tea in order to see the pigmentation. This will work very well with the idea of my music video being conceptual, because it is different. It reinforces the idea of things being different and strange. 
I found that on this practice shot there was not enough pigmentation. Therefore meant that I had to add more colouring in order for the camera to pick up on the blue colouring. I feel like it works well in this shot because of the fact that everything is blue, the costume, the teacup etc. 
film alice in wonderland alice mad hatter tea party

No comments:

Post a Comment