Friday 8 April 2016

Back Cover Drafts

This is my first draft, I used Photoshop in order to make this image. I created the typography using an array of different fonts and this looks conventional to a back cover image. I feel as though this is much more visually stimulation because the actress appears to be looking right at the audience, this works due to it being a close-up. It acts as the mirror phase theory, that the audience see themselves into the image. This is because of Dyer's star theory. I also think that this image is very striking because you can clearly see the girls eyes, therefore making a strong impact on the audience.  
This is one of my drafts, I feel as though the imagery on this is very visually pleasing. This also represents the idea of being bi-polar and having two moods/characteristics. Almost showing that my actress is two faced. The colours of this image also gratify the audience and make it almost an abstract image. This is because of the colours and the lighting. I like this draft a lot, I will either use this for my advert or my digipak. 
I also like this draft, I feel it incorporates a very strong sense of my music video, making the digipak and music video very in tune with one another. The only issue with this image is that the quality of the images are affected with grain. This is potentially affecting the realistic nature of my product. 
The quality and striking image I have used is very good. I like the idea of the high quality, it draws attention to the harsh facial features/ The only issue with this is that the eyes of the actor are not properly in the frame. This then compromises the audiences interaction with the image. It almost makes the audience unable to relate to the image. However saying this I also think that the image needs a gradient in order to fade out as opposed to having a straight line at the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment