Monday 25 April 2016

Evaluation Q4

How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

Throughout my time of producing my music video, advert and digipak I have used a series of technologies whether that be hardware, software and tutorials. I have used a variety of different ways to show you this below. 
Software: 
(this video also shows my process of creating both ancillary texts)

Hardware: 




Here are some examples of how I have used final cut pro during the editing process of my music video: 

This shows how I used the distortion tool in order to effectively fit the layer into the TV screen. It took quite a while hence why I decided to speed it up, it also was very repetitive by nature. I would definitely do this differently, I would potentially use a still image in order to achieve this in the future because even though I reduced the clips to a tiny amount of milliseconds the final result is still very shakey. I fount it very difficult in order to keep the layer size the same, hence why on my video it looks like it changes in size slightly.  
I have spoken about why and how I am editing this shot in this video. 

Here are some of the tutorials I have used in the progression and what I have used them for.
This video explains to me how to change the corrections on a video clip. I have used this a lot in the process of my video. This is used on every single shot I have in my music video. I found this to be very helpful and it enabled me to get the best out of my footage and made my music video much more bold and exciting to watch. 


Here is a short presentation to show how I created my digipak album cover. 


Overall, I have explained what went well and what came to be problematic. I feel that if I had to redo this task, I would experiment with more hardware and more software during the production process. This is because of the fact that my hardware didn't seem enough. I would most definitely have to improve on my camera and lighting situation, as that was the most problematic. I would potentially work in a group to allow for many more camera angles and light to be captured as opposed to me struggling on my own. I would also download final cut pro on my laptop at home, to enable me to edit my music video in other places aside from at college. 

No comments:

Post a Comment